Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

If a person is convicted of domestic violence - first offense,

If a person is convicted of domestic violence - first offense, 4th degree, how long before they can work in a hospital in Ohio?
Specific hiring policies differ from hospital to hospital and clinic to clinic. The conviction is never going to disappear from his record and will always be viewable by potential employers until it is sealed.

If he has no other criminal record, then he may be eligible to seal his record. Instructions and forms on how to do that in Ohio can be found here

http://www.reentrycoalition.ohio.gov/docs/expunge.pdf

That should be his next step. Then it will no longer be a red flag when he applies for a job.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank your for the information and the link.

Is there a time period that hospital's go by. My friend was told 5 years after probation. Is that true, or unless expunged, does the hospital always have the right to refuse employment?

Once sealed he won't have to reveal it. There is no standard they all follow. Each company and hospital has their own policies as to what they consider important and how far back they look.