ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Do I apply for a pardon for bank embezzlement from the state

Do I apply for a pardon for bank embezzlement from the state it was done or do you have to go to the presidents pardon board

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

It depends on whether the conviction was based on state or Federal law.

ScottyMacEsq :

If your conviction was in the state courts, you would need to apply for a pardon from the state, which the governor would sign.

ScottyMacEsq :

If it was Federal, then the President would have that authority.

ScottyMacEsq :

The Presidnet has NO authority over state court convictions, as the governor would have no authority over Federal convictions.

ScottyMacEsq :

*President

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!

Customer: Excellent great help much appreciated
ScottyMacEsq :

My pleasure.If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!