joelaws8
joelaws8, Lawyer
Experience:  I can answer general criminal law questions regarding specific statutes and procedure.
63991514

I am on an interlock for my car, just yesterday I drank one

I am on an interlock for my car, just yesterday I drank one beer and like 20minutes blew. The breathalizer showed "violation" I freaked out and had my bf drive my car. What do you think will happen when I see my probation officer?
Good afternoon and thank you for the question.

Did you blow while driving, or prior to starting the vehicle?

If prior to starting, did your boyfriend blow after you did?

Thanks for the info and I look forward to assisting you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

prior to starting the car. my boyfrind did blow after i did, his did "pass".

Do you have documentation stating the terms of your probation? Sometimes, you are not permitted to allow someone else to operate the vehicle with the IID. If that is the case, then you may have violated your probation. Further, since the test was prior to starting the vehicle, you probably did not violate the terms of your probation as far as operating a vehicle with alcohol in your system. Finally, if the terms prohibit you from drinking at all, then you would have violated it.

If you did violate your probation, it will be up to your judge to either let you continue with the probation or to revoke it. If you have a good relationship with your PO and you have complied with everything else, then hopefully you will be able to explain this as a reasonable mistake and your probation will not be revoked.

I hope that answers your question! If so, please positively rate my answer. Experts only receive compensation for answers when the customer rates the answer. Rating my answer will NOT preclude you from asking follow up questions in the future, should any arise. In fact, if you rate my answer, your follow up questions will be my highest priority! If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

If you feel the need to click either "Bad service" or "Poor service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be very happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek at no additional charge.

Thank you very much,
Joe
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

anybody can drive my car as long as they blow, i also have the camera so they would know. my terms are that i should drink at all or be around alcohol. i have competed my basic DUI classes, and another one where i just listen to other peoples experience with alcohol. i just have my community service to go. i have till August of next year.

Thank you for the info.

I am assuming when you said, "my terms are that i should drink at all or be around alcohol," you meant to say that you should not drink at all. In that case, unfortunately, since you were not suppose to drink and the violation was recorded, then you violated the terms of your probation and it is now subject to being revoked.

Hopefully the judge will let you slide on this one violation, but it is up to him.

I wish I had better news for you and could tell you that there was an easier solution to the problem. A tough part of being an attorney is being the bearer of bad news. However, if I was to lie to you by telling you that there is an easy "fix" to this problem, I would be doing you a huge disservice in the end.

Thank you very much,
Joe
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i feel so bad!!! so nothing is upto my PO? im really hoping the judge can let me slide. well thnx anyway for your help.

Yes, unfortunately he has a duty to report it to the court. I wish you the best. If you have not already, please don't forget to rate my answer! Thank you!