Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

We have a friend who is a registered sex offender in Oklahoma.

We have a friend who is a registered sex offender in Oklahoma. We want to let him come visit a couple days and our city law says He cant even come visit because we live with-in 2000 feet of a school. There ie=s no school now. NOT EVEN SUMMER SCHOOL. tHANK yOU
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark www.nateanswers.com for future questions.

My name isXXXXX have over ten years of criminal defense experience and will be happy to assist you today.

Though I agree that the 2,000 feet rule makes very little sense when school is not in session. However, the courts have routinely held these sorts of restrictions to be allowable even when there are no children present. I do agree the restriction makes no sense when school is out of session, but the restriction still remains. If he comes to visit he could be arrested and charged, both with the violation of being within 2000 feet of the school and violation of the terms of his sex registry supervision.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!