How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26464
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you have a judgement that says you forfeit personal property

This answer was rated:

If you have a judgement that says you forfeit personal property due to a drug case, if your associate has a personnal bank account where you just use a debit card, can that bank account be siezed?

If the account is not yours, it should not be seized because of your drug activity. If the account belongs to you and the state has reason to believe that the funds in the account ae the proceeds your illegal activity, they can seize it and cause it to be forefeited.
Zoey_ JD and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you