How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask joelaws8 Your Own Question
joelaws8, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 390
Experience:  I can answer general criminal law questions regarding specific statutes and procedure.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
joelaws8 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1st offense ever DWI in Amenia Ny BAC.13. Officer said I slurred

This answer was rated:

1st offense ever DWI in Amenia Ny BAC.13. Officer said I slurred my words and I did not and that I failed alphabet test I did not and that I could not stand on one leg which he did not as me to do I do not know any lawyers in Amenia Ny or surrounding areas any ideas or thoughts
Good morning and thank you for the question.

I am sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult situation.

A good place to start in getting this case handle is by contacting The New York State Bar Lawyer Referral Service by calling 1(NNN) NNN-NNNN They will set you up with a local criminal defense attorney that will speak to you about your case for at least a half hour for no more than $35. If you then chose to hire that attorney, you can then discuss payment plans, costs, etc.

Hopefully, since this is your first offense you can get it reduced to a lesser crime. That typically works like this...the prosecutor will offer to reduce the charge in exchange for you (1) paying a fine; (2) doing community service; (3) and/or successfully completing a probation period.

Some jurisdictions do not offer this automatically, and therefore you may have to first enter a plea of NOT GUILTY to get the prosecutor to offer some type of program like this.

I hope that answers your question! If so, please positively rate my answer. Experts only receive compensation for answers when the customer rates the answer. Rating my answer will NOT preclude you from asking follow up questions in the future, should any arise. In fact, if you rate my answer, your follow up questions will be my highest priority! If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

If you feel the need to click either "Bad service" or "Poor service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be very happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek at no additional charge.

Thank you very much,
joelaws8 and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you