CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I LIVE IN CONNECTICUT. I HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF DUI. FIRST

I LIVE IN CONNECTICUT. I HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF DUI. FIRST CONVICTION SECOND ARREST. I HAVE AN IGNITION INTERLOCK DEVICE ON MY CAR. I AM MOVING TO NEW HAMPSHIRE AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN AS FAR AS MY PENALTIES GO AFTER THAT TIME.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Can you please share with me exactly what penalties you are concerned about? Are you on probation? Do you need to perform community service or take any required classes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I HAVE BEEN ON PROBATION FOR SEVEN MONTHS. I HAVE COMPLETED CLASSES. I STILL HAVE SOME COMM. SERVICE TO DO. DOES MY INTERLOCK DEVISE GO WITH ME TO NEW HAMPSHIRE ?

Thank you for the additional information. The requirements imposed by the court as part of your sentence will continue and follow you out of State. If you are on probation at this time and leaving the State, you need to get permission to relocate and have your probation transferred. If you are unable to finish the rest of the community service while you reside in State, you need to ask if it can be completed in New Hampshire, when you move. Since you are under supervision by the State, you can not just relocate without permission. You need to inform the court of your decision and have permission granted. Your interlock device will likely stay, since it is a condition and if you tried to obtain a license in New Hampshire, they would see the condition as a result of the DUI, which still needs to be fulfilled.