Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

How much does the federal government charge per day for electronic

How much does the federal government charge per day for electronic monitoring?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

The cost of electronic monitoring is estimated to be $4.50 per day, while GPS monitoring can run $9 per day.

You can learn more details about this at the official US Government website at the link below:

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your response. I have also checked with Federal officials. Just to let you know, I have learned that there are waivers for certain circumstances, i.e., people who are not working and living on social security or disability benefits are not required to pay any fees. This is just for your information for future use. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX your response.

Dear Rosemary,

Thank you for your follow up.

You are absolutely correct and if the criminal defendant can show to the cost that he/she is indigent and does not have any possible mean to pay for the electronic monitoring service, then the court can order such charges to be waived

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please click on the excellent service rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback rating is always appreciated, but is not required.