Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

If I do go to my probation offcer and just come clean... does

If I do go to my probation offcer and just come clean... does he have a choice t whether if he wants to violate me or not
Thanks for asking for me again.

Usually, yes, the decision on whether to violate is up to the probation officer. However, some DAs offices want input on it and the probation officer has to go to them and discuss the case and the decision is made together.

It is never mandatory to file for a violation though.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I guese what I need to know is if I go to him and tell him about my traffic fines. can he just keep quite about and not do anthing at all

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so if I go to him and come clean about my traffic fines. can he just give me a warning and not say anything at all and just keep it between me and him

Yes, he can. If he does find out that you got in trouble and didn't tell him then he is more likely to file a violation than if you just confess it to him now or at least that has been my experience. I'm not saying he won't file anyway, but he almost certainly will file if you don't tell him and he finds out anyway.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay thank you sorry for bothering you again.

Absolutely no problem. Glad to be of assistance.

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread. When all of your questions have been answered, then I would ask that you give a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) since that is the only way I get credit for my work and also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected.