Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

Hello, I am a registered sex offender in texas, my wife and

I am a registered sex offender in texas, my wife and daughters want to go to florida for vacation. 3 days at disney, 3 days in the keys. 1 night in Daytona . i am not on probation or parol, do i have to register with law inforcement in florida at all? the total trip should be 11 days from texas to florida and back to texas. thanks in advance.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Alex Esquire :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Customer: Yes
Alex Esquire :

I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

Alex Esquire :

Unfortunately, under the federal law you would have to register with the local police or Sheriff department within 24 hours from arriving to any location in Florida.

Alex Esquire :

Also, you might want to consider the fact that you might be banned from entering Disney World as well, as Disney does have data base of all registered sex offenders in the US and uses face recognition software for their security cameras to prevent any registered sex offender from entry into the parks.

Alex Esquire :

Does this make sense?

Alex Esquire :

Do you have any related follow up questions?

Customer: Dang, was looking at some q&a about florida from 400days ago and it did not appear that i would need to registed.
Alex Esquire :

Unfortunately, you cannot trust any information that you find on the internet, as a lot of it is false and some does not apply to your specific situation.

Alex Esquire :

Violation of the registration requirement is a very serious offense and unfortunately can send you to prison under federal and Florida law.

Alex Esquire :

Customer: Yes, i already heard about the disney issue and planed on just dropping the wife and kids off and staying at the hotel
Alex Esquire :

That is a good idea.

Alex Esquire :

It is not that difficult to register.

Alex Esquire :

You would simply find out where the local police station is to the hotel you will be staying it and would go there to register. It is a relatively quick process.

Alex Esquire :

Customer: Waznt the answer i wanted, but better safe than sorry. thank you,,,,,,,i think you covered all i needed
Alex Esquire :

I completely agree. It is not worth taking any risks when it come to the registration as the laws are tough and the law enforcement and courts have very little tolerance when it comes to failure to properly register.

Alex Esquire :

I wish you the best of luck. Please click on the "excellent service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.

Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor