Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

So, I loaned one of my coworkers 1,000 dollars 2 months ago,

So, I loaned one of my coworkers 1,000 dollars 2 months ago, and he keeps dodging me, lying to me when he's going to pay me back. Thing is, he tried to pay me back using a closed account check, so I have evidence that he tried to pay me back, but he gave me a fake, closed account check. Is there anything I can do to take him to court? I mean, he did give me a fake check and that is illegal, knowing that the check would bounce, so I feel he's just jerking me around now, and I want my money back. What can I do to get it back, I have the check and I have the paperwork from my credit union stating the check that he gave me, the account is closed.

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

The most obvious solution is to sue him in small claims court. Based opn your facts it shouldn't be difficult to hey a judgment against him and you can then try and collect from his wages or by seizing his accounts or other assets.

The check he gave you is proof that the money was owed so proving your case shouldn't be too difficult.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much.

You're very welcome and best wishes to you.