Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

I got arrested for 5 hydrocodone pills have never had a drug

I got arrested for 5 hydrocodone pills have never had a drug charge before. was released with no bail going to arraignement what to expect

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

Do you have any other kind of criminal record?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

assault in1997 and passion of gun in 1982

Are you asking what to expect as far as punishment or what to expect as far as the way the court works?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At an arraignment the judge just reads you your rights again and ask for your plea. In your case, you will want to plead not guilty and either hire an attorney or ask for one to be appointed.

The unknown issue here is how the DA is going to look at your prior convictions. Usually this would be a case where a year or so of probation would be offered and the court would require you to take drug classes or counseling.

It may be that the DA will offer that type of bargain anyway.