Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

My wife and I have a hearing coming up for temporary orders

My wife and I have a hearing coming up for temporary orders in our divorce case. Currently, there is an emergency protective order restricting her from having any contact with me or our child. Will she be allowed to attend the hearing? How does this work?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

She will be allowed to attend the hearing - otherwise, she wouldn't be able to defend herself, which would violate public policy. She cannot talk to you or your child (if present) during the hearing, if she has a no contact order. She can present her case to the judge. Neither you nor your child should attempt to talk to her at the hearing, because then she will likely attempt to respond. She cannot talk to you before or after the hearing, either.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would I be in violation of the protective order if she texted something to me and didnt report it?

No. She would be in violation of the order for texting you, though.