MyraB, Lawyer
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.

I thought I had sold a time share through Grand Vacation Services

I thought I had sold a time share through Grand Vacation Services in Oklahoma City and Golden Apple closing services in Nashville, Tennessee. I paid $9000 in transfer fees and closing costs. I was told that closing was April 3, 2013 and have heard nothing from them. I have tried to phone and my calls are never returned or "there has been an error" and the call does not go through. Who do I report this to?

Hello and thank you for your question. I am very sorry to hear of your situation.

In January of this year another expert at JustAnswer, who is highly respected, answered a question from another customer dealing with a time share transfer involving these same companies. The question and answer can be found here

From my additional research, I concur that it is a scam. Unfortunately, Grand Vacation Services in OK and Golden Apple Closing in TN continue to do business and steal money from trusting individuals.

You can report this to the FBI and White Collar Crime Center through the IC3 at The IC3 provides a mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal and civil violations, and a central referral mechanism for complaints involving internet related crimes to law enforcement and regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local and international level.

I am very sorry to report this information to you. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions.