MyraB, Lawyer
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.

Is there any law protecting wild animals in Montgomery county

Is there any law protecting wild animals in Montgomery county MD, can people just shoot them

Hello and thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about what happened.

There are many laws protecting wildlife in Maryland and ways to deal with what is termed "nuisance wildlife." Generally, a landowner must obtain a permit to "control" (including shoot) wildlife. The regulations may be found here

Maryland also has a nuisance wildlife information line that can be accessed by calling 1-877-463-6497. An information sheet on wildlife control from the University of Maryland with useful information on wildlife control may be found here

In addition, here are the gun laws specific to Montgomery County including gun discharge laws.

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions.