Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

I went to a spa and recieved a massage,later that month the

I went to a spa and recieved a massage,later that month the place gets busted for prostitution.They are saying they have a client list and are going to publish it. I received nothing extra ,should I be concerned?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Unfortunately, as part of their investigation if they did discover the client list they can seek to make it public. If your name is XXXXX XXXXX list, you have a right to file a motion to seal the records as serving no legal purpose other than to annoy/embarass/harass you and the others on the list.

The prosecutor can decide to charge the customers with solicitation for prostitution based on the customer list, but that is unlikely because they would be hard pressed to prove you paid for and received anything more than a massage without you admitting to getting more. It is not like the owner or the person who gave you the massage is going to specifically remember you and if they cannot prove you paid for sex they cannot succeed in prosecuting you, so most times in these cases they do not prosecute just based on a name being on the list.

You might be concerned about the embarassment if they publish the list as it could tarnish your name, but you can file a motion through an attorney (to keep your name out of the court record which is public record available to everyone to see, whereas the attorney can file the motion on behalf of and anonymous client or on behalf of the whole list) to seal the list and prevent publication.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.