I don't want to alarm you. I want to provide accurate information. But the allegations can lead to serious charges. The statutes I will discuss are what attorney's term your son's exposure, or what the possibilities are. It does not necessarily mean he will be charged or will likely be charged. There are many factors involved in the circumstances you describe that would best be addressed with the assistance of local counsel.

As far as the phone, there is nothing that can be done at this particular point to get it back. It may be that it is an issue and may be subject to a motion to suppress if charges are brought because the consent was not voluntary and there was no warrant, but that would come later.

As far as the ongoing investigation, you don't have a right to know what is going on which is why I suggested retaining counsel at this point. However, if you believe your son may be a victim or harmed, you could make your concerns known to police, but again I would suggest making such concerns known through an attorney.

Again, please bear with me as I collect information with regard to potential charges. If you would rather come back in an hour or so, I can work on the answer and have it all for you then, rather than piecemeal. I just don't want you to think that I am ignoring you. Let me know. Also you will be able to ask as many follow-up questions as you need to until you are satisfied.