MyraB
MyraB, Lawyer
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.
74614265

I have heard that sometimes ex convicts try to look up jurors

I have heard that sometimes ex convicts try to look up jurors who convicted them and try to get even in one way or another

Hello and thank you for your question.

It would be very difficult to look up a juror. There are strict procedures dealing with juror questionnaires and juror information. Juror questionnaires must be destroyed. The judicial system is extremely sensitive and vigilant about protecting juror's identities. The ex convicts may try to look up jurors, but they will be frustrated at every attempt. Also, I believe rumors of such attempts at retribution may be more bravado than reality. I have never in my over 20 years of experience ever even heard of a convicted person injuring or attempting to injure a juror. A judge or prosecutor, sometimes even defense counsel, may be the object of resentment and retribution, but I have never heard of a juror. One possibility is because there are six or twelve jurors depending on the case, but only one prosecutor and judge. Even criminals have some sense of justice and lines they won't cross, so going after one juror would not appeal to even their sense of justice.

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions.

I was just checking in to see if there was anything else I could help you with regarding this question.

If not, please take a moment to rate my answer positively. It will not cost you anything extra and is the only way I can receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you.