Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

I received an appearance ticket from a rite aid for stealing

I received an appearance ticket from a rite aid for stealing $19 worth of goods...........I cant afford my own lawyer but 1 don nt think court appointed lawyers r not as this true??
Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

A court appointed attorney is just that - an attorney. Many have dedicated their lives to being public defenders and work just as tirelessly as a private attorney. They are sometimes overworked - and they will try to work a plea instead of a trial. I suggest that what you are being told is NOT true