Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a resident of Indiana and got a citation in Ohio it was

I am a resident of Indiana and got a citation in Ohio it was a misdemeanor to the 4th degree. If i am found guilty in Mason OH you loose your license for 6 months. Does Indianapolis IN have that same law.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am very sorry for your situation. Can you please tell me what the misdemeanor was for? Was this a DUI or a driving-related matter?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The misdemeanor is for drug paraphernalia
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, Brad. My apologies, but I was offline when you replied.

Yes, in Ohio, any drug conviction causes driver's license suspension for 6 months.

This is not true in Indiana, however. Indiana does not have the same law. In Indiana, unless the misdemeanor directly relates to your driving (i.e. reckless driving, DUI, etc), then it does not affect your one's license. Ergo, it is unlikely that your license in Ohio would be affected if you are convicted.

Now, states do share license suspensions and traffic violations with each other, but only that, and not other convictions. So Ohio should not suspend your license from what you are telling me, if you are convicted.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.