Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

is it possible to get my misdemeanor for not licensing my cat

is it possible to get my misdemeanor for not licensing my cat expunged from my record? I was fined about two years ago in Summit NJ.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Unfortunately, New Jersey law only allows for expungement where charges are dismissed or a person is found not guilty. When a fine is paid, that is considered the same as being found guilty, which means that the law does not allow the conviction to be removed.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.