Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
58645016

my son was incarcerated for probation violation...he was sentenced

my son was incarcerated for probation violation...he was sentenced to 2 yrs..an inmate told him that if he doesn't get transferred to Graterford in 30 days after his trial, he will be released. He has been in HOC for 35 days. Then they tell him he fell thru the cracks cause no record of him being there. His counselor said his case in being referred n under investigation. What does that mean?
Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am sorry to hear of your son's experience. What the counselor probably means is that if there was a failure to follow policy they may be internally investigating why that happened. If someone made a mistake they could be reprimanded or disciplined. Unfortunately, it is unlikely to have any effect on the length of your son's incarceration.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to know bout first part of my question..is it true that they can not be held for more than 30 days without transferring to assigned prison.

No. That may be their policy to transfer within 30 days, but it is not a legal requirement.