Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Hi. I run an online forum. One member posted my home address

Hi. I run an online forum. One member posted my home address to me and made a number of threats to maim me, contact family members and say things about me...but I'm mostly concerned about him threatening to come hurt me or that he will share my personal information with other people who may wish me ill.

He was banned from the community after making the threats a few weeks ago but he continues to try and log in on a daily basis. Is there anything I can do?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question, but I am sorry for your trouble with this situation.
Kirk Adams : You can file harassment charges against this person and seek a restraining order to prohibit any contact from this person; that judge could also require this person to cease and desist from putting your personal information online for the purposes you've mentioned above.

Is this a form I can download online or get from a court on my own, or do I need a lawyer to help me in this?

And should I try e-mailing him and telling him that if he persists, I will take those actions? Or should I never contact him?

Kirk Adams : There's no form that you can file alone.
Kirk Adams : Instead, you would have to file the charges with the local court and then ask the court for to issue an order prohibiting this person from making any contact with you and also ordering this person to stop his current actions.

Do you recommend trying to e-mail him?

Kirk Adams : You can do that, but a cease and desist letter from an attorney would likely carry more weight.

Ok, thank you.