TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

i am 20 i was sent to detox i have not received a ticket and

Customer Question

i am 20 i was sent to detox i have not received a ticket and when i was in the cop car i asked if i was being charged with anything and he said no. should i still worry about getting a mip ticket.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

It is theoretically possible for you to get the MIP citation for up to 6 months afterward, but it is highly unlikely that will actually happen if it hasn't happened already. There is no reason for the police to wait for something like this. You'd get the citation immediately.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.