Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

Thank you for that information. In your opinion what verbiage

Thank you for that information. In your opinion what verbiage works best for the judge to consider the sentence modification?
Hello again,

Every case is different. There unfortunately isn't universal language that is going to work for every situation. Be honest. Judges typically prefer when that a person take responsibility for what happened, so it's often best not to try to downplay the case (although there's no need to bring up facts that harm your position). The judge may want to see something to show how your son has reformed during the time already served. Any facts you can present to show that extended incarceration would not further rehabilitate him could also help.

The lawyer may want you to talk about your son's support system and how you and your family will help him if he is released early. For example, if he is required to attend drug treatment and you are planning to drive him to and from meetings, that might be something that would help his chances at getting released. Things like that. The judge wants to see that he's not a danger to society and that his risk of committing another crime is low.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX all that information. A good reminder that I will be available for driving etc as I am now a stay at home wife. I now need to draft that letter. I appreciate your help!

I'm glad I could help. I hope it works. Have a good night.