Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

In the state of WI if you have a bench warrant can/do the police

In the state of WI if you have a bench warrant can/do the police come to your work or house to arrest you? The ticket is for unpayed speeding ticket
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Generally, NO that would not happen.

A bench warrant never expires, so there's usually no mad rush or overt/specific attempt to serve a bench warrant.

Instead, most of the time, bench warrants just sit around, and the next time the person is pulled over, stopped at a road block, etc., then the police will arrest the person at that point and take him/her in on the warrant.

Thus, it would be very unusual for an officer to show up and serve a warrant.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

alright thanks

Sure. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just one. I have pending charges of obstruction don't know when my court date is but when I go will they arrest there I take it

Yes, it's likely that when you show up to court on the other charges that you'll be arrested on the bench warrant. Its certainly not guaranteed, but it is likely.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is kind of a different subject but do they really have three years to charge you with obstruction?

Obstruction of justice is a misdemeanor in Wisconsin:

There is a 3 year of statute of limitation, which means that law enforcement has at least 3 years to file charges.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Great thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if you answer this I will add a tip in a little while because I know its a different topic. But in contempt of court what does grade 1 degree u mean? misdeameanor?

Contempt is usually a misdemeanor, but I don't find any statute that lists degrees of contempt.

Maybe this means this is a first offense, which will mean a lesser penalty.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.