Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

what kind of charges for a 13 yr old faces for dry bumping

what kind of charges for a 13 yr old faces for dry bumping a 10 yr old
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Your child could face charges for sexual assault/battery (CA Penal Code 243.4) if the DA determines the contact involved touching the intimate part of another person for purposes of sexual gratification, arousal, or abuse. This is generally a misdemeanor, but it could be charged as a felony and in either case it would cause your child to have to register as a sex offender. Alternatively, he could be charged with simple assault/battery, which is also a misdemeanor in this type of case and would also have a punishment of up to 12 months in juvenile detention, but it does not carry a requirement for registration as a sex offender.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.