AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.

recenrtly had legal issues with a female friend who accuses

recenrtly had legal issues with a female friend who accuses me of assault, harassment, and crimmal misconduct. I too when to the police and accused this person of assault, and stabbing me with a knife.. how should I proceed with this? Person owes me 2800 dollars which they refuse to pay back..
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing Criminal law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you.

With regard to your post:

recenrtly had legal issues with a female friend who accuses me of assault, harassment, and crimmal misconduct. OK, did she sue you civilly, or file a police report? If the latter, did the police decide to press charges?

I too when to the police and accused this person of assault, and stabbing me with a knife.. how should I proceed with this? Did the police charge her?

Person owes me 2800 dollars which they refuse to pay back..

Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): New Jersey

Already Tried:
when to the police department and had pictures taken of the wounds this person in inflicted on me and asked for a restraining order against them Did you succeed in getting the RO?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the police sent me tickets with with the charges. no couldn't get the ro because with aren't in a relationship or live together. the police did contact me and ask me if I wanted to press additional charges against this person but I said because I didn't want cause this person more problems.. till I got home and received the charge that the detective didn't make me aware of during the call .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

awaiting your answer Alex

Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.
I will be back to post as soon as my answer is finished. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alexia? I am awaiting your answer... how so I proceed??

Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I see you perhaps did not see my post above, that indicated I was working on your answer and would post it when ready. Some visitors here are unaware, particularly if you are new to this site, that we actually draft the answers, research when appropriate, and then post when finished. These are not automated robot answers.

With regard to your post:

recenrtly had legal issues with a female friend who accuses me of assault, harassment, and crimmal misconduct. I too when to the police and accused this person of assault, and stabbing me with a knife.. how should I proceed with this? Person owes me 2800 dollars which they refuse to pay back.. OK, first know that filing police reports will not solve your civil problem of her breach of contract (i.e. breaching her promise to pay you back the money owed). As such, you need to file a complaint in civil court (small claims should suffice in NJ for the money owed, BUT, if you want to sue her for the damages you sustained by her assault, i.e. medical bills, scarring, loss of wages if you were out of work, you may want to sue her for that personal injury also, in a more superior court to just small claims.

the police sent me tickets with with the charges. OK, so they are charging you based on her statements and any other evidence they may or may not have, of you havign committed such a crime(s).

no couldn't get the ro because with aren't in a relationship or live together. Never dated, just friends? Prior relationships can count.

the police did contact me and ask me if I wanted to press additional charges Additional to what? Meaning they filed some against her but not others?

against this person but I said because I didn't want cause this person more problems..I am wondering why you filed a report and sent in pictures of the wounds?

till I got home and received the charge that the detective didn't make me aware of during the call .
If you already filed your statement of what she did, then chose not to push them to file charges, and you now change your mind, you can tell them that. "I changed my mind. You already have my statement and pictures. Yes, I want you to charge her. (Particularly if she is filing false reports about you.)

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions.

Sincerely,

Alexia Esq.

AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we were friends for three years and did have sex. I filed a report because she again attached me physically last Friday took the keys to my car and house and my car was toted away . I have to have a new key made for my car ..I had deep scratches and bit matches in my body

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have a question can I or should I contact this person directly and ask them to stop this... or is not should I have no contact at all what so ever with this person? that is till I retain a lawyer.... are you going to answer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Alexia!

Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.
That person is a witness in a criminal charge against you. Contacting her could constitue witness tampering and other improprieties or crimes. I'd NOT do so.

Did you tell the police that you used to have a romantic (i.e. sexual) relationship with her, or did you deny it was more than platonic?
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney