Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Defendant is charged with 2 AA Felonies and 1 C Felony. Currently

Customer Question

Defendant is charged with 2 AA Felonies and 1 C Felony. Currently free on bail. $25,000 cash or surety "L" bond which was posted as cash. Case is proceeding to trail. If defendant is found guilty at trial will he be immediately taken into custody and be held until sentencing, or be allowed to remain out on bond?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 years ago.

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.
Kirk Adams : Usually, a person can remain out on bond between the conviction and sentencing. Most judges grant this time to allow a person to get his/ her affairs in order.
Kirk Adams : That said, it's certainly possible for the judge to remand the person to the custody of the sheriff immediately.
Kirk Adams : Lit really just depends on how much of a flight risk the person is and how long it will take before the sentencing hearing can be scheduled.
Kirk Adams : Thus, the general rule is that a person can remain out on bond, but it's ultimately up to the judge.