ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I paid to get an ansewer to my question and I did not receive

Customer Question

I paid to get an ansewer to my question and I did not receive oneXXX@XXXXXX.XXX the question is if I meet a call girl and ask if she is with law enforcement is she obligated to say she is or not
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

I believe that I answered your question earlier. In short, no, she is not required by any law (federal, state, Constitutional, etc...) to notify you that she is a police officer or any other type of law enforcement officer.

ScottyMacEsq :

This "myth" that an officer has to notify you is one that has been around for a while, and the fact is that police are actually using it to further sting operations. That is, a police officer will tell a suspect "if I'm a police officer, I have to tell you if you ask if I am one" and will deny being one. This is entirely legal to do. The key is whether or not the alleged perpetrator will voluntarily commit a crime. The police officer does not have to reveal his or her cover.

ScottyMacEsq :

Again, there's absolutely NO law, statute or caselaw, Federal, state or Constitution, that requires that a police officer identify himself or herself.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, and good luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq :

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, and again, good luck to you!