ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I was with a company on the internet who was hosting me services,

I was with a company on the internet who was hosting me services, i told them they suck, i cursed a little at them because they messed up my services, i then told them i would be telling people to not go threw them becuase of how they do business. Is this a threat. They said they will be contacting state and federal governments because "we take threats very seriously"

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

No, that's not a threat. A threat, criminally, is where you threaten to do physical harm to them. You absolutely have the right to tell individuals to not do business with this company, based upon your own experience with the company.

ScottyMacEsq :

So based upon what you've said, this is absolutely not a threat (that is actionable by them either criminally or civilly) because it's based upon your own actual experience with them.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!