AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
66829710

I was ticketed with 4152.5 VC Cal Reg Due. But my registration

Customer Question

I was ticketed with 4152.5 VC Cal Reg Due.
But my registration and DL and insurance from Colorado was good and is still good through 6/14 and beyond
My primary residence and I vote in Colorado. Although I have started a business in California. I don't have a residence in California and I am here on a temporary and transitory manner. Although I was employed in California for 2 years about 6 months ago... I have my arraignment soon, how should I proceed?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 1 year ago.

AttyCBradford :

You should plead not guilty, pay the bail and set it for trial. If you registration was current then you will be able to show that to judge and the ticket should be dismissed. If you vehicle is registered in the state of CO and it was valid at the time of the ticket then there is no violation

AttyCBradford :

This is a correctable violation. If you show that it has been taken care of or improperly given. As long as you have a residence and that is where the car is registered you are allowed to have the vehicle registered there

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.

Customer :

Could the DMV investigate and supenna my tax returns?

Customer :

....or is it just about the car.

AttyCBradford :

its just about the car and where the the car is regstered

AttyCBradford :

I see you have not accepted the answer was there further information I can provide? If not, please accept the questions so I can get credit for assisting you

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.