Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Massachusettes resident with a bench warrant in New Hampshire

Massachusettes resident with a bench warrant in New Hampshire for a misdemeanor, why does it not show up in Massachusettes when officer ran My License.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

Mostly, luck.

When a criminal court in any state issues a warrant, it is eventually fed into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), which combines the following databases:
-Sexual Offender Registry;
-Foreign Fugitive;
-Immigration Violator (USCIS/ICE/CBP);
-Violent Gang and Terrorist Organization; and
-Wanted Persons files (federal and state warrants).

However, either (1) the warrant has not yet been updated into the system, or, (2) there was human error along the way, which is known to happen.

Either way, the misdemeanor is not (yet?) in the system, but the problem normally corrects itself so if an officer checks one's background again in a few months, the outcome may not be as positive: the misdemeanor would be seen, and the individual detained. Ergo, this was a fluke, but may not happen again. Please, be careful.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)