Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

If I was convicted of a class e felony DWI in NYS, why would

If I was convicted of a class e felony DWI in NYS, why would I be denied jobs in other states that don't even recognize class e felonies? They want to hire me, but they are told they can't hire anyone with a felony. Isn't my class e felony only recognized in NYS and not federally?

Welcome and thank you for your questions

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

I am sorry that you are having these problems with employment

This is not a matter of "law" but rather a matter of the employer's "policy" and so as such they do not have to distinguish between Classes of felony. They can have a policy that says No Felons - Period. There is nothing illegal about that.

I suggest you might want to look into getting a Governor's Pardon for your felony and then Petition the court to have it removed from your record.