CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

Is there any legal way to offer someone money to drop criminal

Customer Question

Is there any legal way to offer someone money to drop criminal charges?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and concern. Unfortunately, there is not. The reason I say this, is because a criminal charge/crime is against the State of Pennsylvania. This person is a victim, with the State representing their legal interest. It is at the sole discretion of the State, to file charges and proceed against the defendant. While the victim can certainly express their desire to have the case dismissed or charges amended, the final say is up to the prosecutor assigned to the case. Any type of bribe, threat or any type of intimidation against a victim or witness, is a crime and could result in additional charges. If there is a possible civil lawsuit which could also be filed against the defendant and a settlement is reached, that may be a mitigating factor for the prosecutor to consider, when offering a plea or deciding on how to proceed with the case, assuming the victim has been made whole. However, a victim can not legally just accept money to walk away and not cooperate.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience: 7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a PFA violation that I did not violate! Anyway my mom want to write her a letter on her own explaining how much this has ruined my life Rr now! She left a 5yr relationship for me and I ended it in 6monghs! Now she wants revenge! I'm very wealthy she is not ! Is there anyway to structure the money question that could be ok?
What exactly is the charge and why is she going after you?