RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

Hi, I am looking to enroll in a college and they ask me "have

Hi, I am looking to enroll in a college and they ask me "have I ever been convicted of a felony?" and i was wondering what to put down. Recently I was accused of motor vehicle trespassing as well as minor in possession of alcohol in the same case. I explained what happened and got everything dismissed with a hundred dollar court fee. So basically I'm wondering if I can put down no, i would like to avoid any kind of unintentional law breaking. Thank you very much in advance, Mike.
Thank you for your question.

You can answer "no" to this question. Neither one of these charges is a felony (these are both very minor offenses, whereas felonies would be things like grand theft, attempted murder, sex crimes, certain drug crimes, etc). Furthermore, you state yourself the matters were dismissed - and therefore you were not convicted.

Good luck to you in college!