P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

Hello, I have a question .. I got this letter from someone

Hello, I have a question .. I got this letter from someone in Nigeria that I can be the next kin of someone who died five years ago.. I did help the person and aperently the will be a transfer of a money that this person left cuz they could not find any family member ... the person who send me letter is an lawyer and he has documents that he sent me to prove the bank in Nigeria to request a transferring....
What do you think I should do.
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

This is a very common scam. What you describe is a very common scam. You would do well to not provide this person any personal information...and to certainly not send any money, or give them access to your bank account.

I would ignore this...you are dealing with criminals who steal money from folks like you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. :.. what about if I provided information at the time everything was good.. now I don't know what to do

Ma'am, if you provided any financial information (like bank account information)? THen you may want to consider closing the bank account and opening a new one. One of the ways this scam plays out is they get access to the victims bank accounts and steal from them