Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  9 years legal experience, primarily in criminal justice

my grandson is in state prison in Georgia, 3 year sentence

my grandson is in state prison in Georgia, 3 year sentence for burgular, he has a hold from Henry county Georgis for 5 misdenaner charges, dui,expired licsen others. Henry County only has a warrent for him, unidicted, I want to try to help him to bring those charges for a hearing and final disposition so he can make parole, the prison will not give that to him with those charges hanging over him, so what can he file to get a hearing on the charges, what can we do at this point
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

What is the status of the five misdemeanor charges? Has he just been charged or has been convicted already and has probation violations pending?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did you get the information?

No there is no additional information posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He has only been charged , he was out on bond on the charges in Henry county, then got pick up in Fayette county Georga for the burglar charges, Henery County was notified he was in Jail in Fayette County, they never did enything about it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

second reply, HE HAS ONLY BEEN charged , he was out on bond on the charges in Henery County, then got pick up in Fayetteville County for the burglar charges, his bond was cancel at that time for the henry County charges, Henry County was notified several times he was in jail in Fayette County, they never did anything about bring him to Henery county except take a warrent for him

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
he did not answer back
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

In order to get Henry County to proceed with the case, they have to serve the warrant on him, which will then allow the case to move through the system. Usually for that to be done, one of the police officers has to physically take the warrant to the prison where he is currently incarcerated and serve the warrant. Otherwise, they won't serve him until he is transported back to their county pursuant to the detainer that is currently hanging over him. Unfortunately, there is not a lot that can be done other than asking that the police officer serves the warrant on him. The prosecutor's office is not usually involved yet at this stage since formal charges have not been filed so they are likely not able to help much. So he can try to contact the police department and notify them of his location to see if they will make an effort to serve the warrant to get the case moving to the charging phase. Once he is formally charged, they will issue a writ to transport him to Henry County to deal with the charges. If he had an attorney on the other charges, he can try to contact that attorney to see if they will make a phone call on his behalf to get the warrant served. Unfortunately, the case will be in a holding pattern until that warrant is served.

Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience: 9 years legal experience, primarily in criminal justice