Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I had gotten pulled over searched, what was found was under

I had gotten pulled over searched, what was found was under an oz of weed on my persons. I went to court pled guilty. I need to pay $350 for the "ticket" and court cost, I completely forgot about paying the fee. This was due May 31, its now June 4 and a warrant is out for my arrest through the sheriffs office. What is my best course of action, I live in Omaha Ne. Do i just have to pay the fee with a late charge or spend time in jail?

You are only 4 days late. Call the clerk of the court tomorrow and say that you want to come in ASAP and pay the fine. In some jurisdictions, you can just walk in and pay the clerk and that takes care of that. In others under the same circumstances, you have to face the judge. The clerk will know the procedure in the courthouse.

There might be a penalty, but coming back voluntarily in a very short period, you should not have to worry about jail as you would on most warrants, or even much of a penalty.

Get this done as soon as humanly possible. Warrants are never good news but this one is really manageable. The longer you wait, the more trouble you can expect.

Good luck!