Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

When theres a police report with filed with questioning, and

When there's a police report with filed with questioning, and talk of arresting someone aren't Miranda Rights required?

How can someone have criminal charges posted on their file and doesn't that pose as a problems down the line with immigration issues?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Before the police can question anyone they suspect of committing a criminal act about that act, they must advise the person of their Miranda Rights. If the person is not a suspect of committing the crime, then no Miranda is required. The key is that the person being questioned has to be suspected of being the perpetrator of the criminal act to invoke Miranda and the mandate that police advice the person of those rights.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.