Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

Im a cdl holder and have received a log book not current citation.

Im a cdl holder and have received a log book not current citation. i pleaded guilty in a letter hoping it would just go away , how ever in the state of new york its a mistermeaner and i need to show up and be arained what ever that means , so i live in wi. can you give me some advice on this??

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Because it is a level of crime as opposed to just a ticket there is an arraignment requires where you appear, enter your plea, and then either receive a date for trial or a date to appear to plea.

JD 1992 :

Sometimes courts will allow you to plea on arraignment day and some will not, depending on their schedule.

JD 1992 :

You can usually hire an attorney to appear and enter your plea for you but that also depends on the court.

Customer:

is it better to get an attorney to sit in for me? being out of state?

Customer:

do you know of any attorneys for this?

JD 1992 :

It would be better, as far as the time involved.

JD 1992 :

An arraignment can take a few minutes or half a day, depending on the cases set that day and the attorney's fees shouldn't be a lot if it is just an appearance and a plea.

JD 1992 :

We can't give specific referrals but the best thing to do is go to www.lawyers.com and look for lawyers who do criminal law and talk to a few. They will know if the judge will let them plead for you and if he will and you tell them you just want them to appear and plead guilty for you then the price should be very reasonable.

JD 1992 :

The website is showing you are offline so I will save and exit so I can assist others. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask them in this thread. I will be online most of the day but it may take a little while for me to answer if I am assisting others.