Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

Probation in volusia county, fl advised the court i violated

Customer Question

Probation in volusia county, fl advised the court i violated the terms of probation and i just received a letter from the 7th judicial circuit court that i'm to appear in court for an order to show cause. The court date is in 8 days. The I live in Pennsylvania. Is there anything I can do so that I do not have to appear in court?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am afraid that when someone violates the terms of their probation, a court appearance is mandatory. The only way out of that appearance would be hiring an attorney and getting the attorney to seek permission of the court to waive your appearance, which is something that is very rarely done and only with good cause such as proof of your physical inability to make it to court.

You need to start I am afraid by hiring an attorney and he would have to seek permission of the court to get your appearance waved and if he cannot do so (as I said it is very rarely done) I am sorry to say that you will have to appear and explain how you did not really violate your probation.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.