Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

i was found guilty of a dus. driving under dui suspension.

Customer Question

i was found guilty of a dus. driving under dui suspension. my second offense. i hired a bogus attoney. they did get my sentense reduced. but i had my court days mixed up and didnt show. i would like to file a appeal. so i can get house aresst. so i can get work release. its the only way i will be able to get a ride to work. pluse there are othsr factors like me being the only provider and paying child support. should i try to appeal. the orginal sentence can be 6 months.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You have grounds to appeal, from what you are saying, based on ineffective assistance of counsel if they did not properly represent you (not to mention filing a malpractice suit against the attorney and recovering any financial damages his malpractice caused you).

I am afraid that house arrest is something PA rarely uses in these second offense cases, but it is possible, especially if you prove negligence on the part of the attorney representing you.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.