Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

I was arrested in October 2010 in Maine for operating under

Customer Question

I was arrested in October 2010 in Maine for operating under Influence but was just visiting Maine at the time and hold a NC license. My NC license wasnt impacted. I pled down to driving to endanger or reckless driving. I paid my fines and did my court ordered weekend volunteer punishment with other offenders painting schools... But have not been back to Maine to take their weekend "alcohol and driving type of course" and I know that I can't drive in Maine until I take the course. Problem is.... I moved to virginia and need to get my XXXXX XXXXXcense and have no idea whether I am actually "SUSPENDED" in Maine.... Even though I have a valid NC license that was not impacted.... Or whether I have been put on the national drivers registry
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you information in this regard

Both Maine and VA are member states of the Interstate Driver's License Compact and so if your license is still suspended in Maine because you owe them class time then VA is not going to renew your license.

I suggest the only way you can be certain if your license is valid in Maine or if you need to complete outstanding courses is to contact Maine DMV

Its off that your NC was not impacted by your Maine DUI and I wonder if it was suspended and you are not aware because NC is also a member of the compact and so yes, it would be on a national registry of sorts.

Please note that I can only answer what you ask and so if you have more questions or need clarification, please ask it here. Otherwise, I thank you in advance for a positive rating.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I see that you have rated me in the negative.

I am wondering if this is an error as I have provided you true and correct information

Remember I can only answer what you ask and negative ratings preclude me from continuing to provide others true and correct information So if you have other questions for clarification please ask so we can get you to a positive rating on my work