MyraB, Lawyer
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.

can you find out if someone is a convicted felon

Hi. It will be my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

It is likely you can find out if someone is a convicted felon. However, in order to provide you with relevant and useful information, please let me know the state involved and briefly the circumstances why the person would want to know (eg. employment, school, working with children).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this happen in California 1991 pot for sale, no guns or anything ells. I have looked on checkmate and there is something there but does not say if its a felon? can I give you his name & d o b & you find out if he is or not,its to vote buy gun.

I'm sorry, but experts are not permitted to perform detailed services such as determine whether a specific person is a convicted felon for you.

A person would generally be able to obtain a copy of his or her own criminal record. The information necessary to obtain a person's own criminal record in California can be found here

Also, if you let me know the crime with which the person was charged, I can let you know whether it is a felony.

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions.