MyraB
MyraB, Lawyer
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.
74614265

I submitted the exclusion from the internet form, how do you

I submitted the exclusion from the internet form, how do you find out if your off Megan's law, considering its a felony for a sex offender to be on Megan's law.

Hi. Thank you for requesting me.

The Megans Law Database can be found here. http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/ You can check if you are still listed. Otherwise, you will receive notice when your exclusion is approved.

You may also contact your local law enforcement agency (police or sheriff’s department) having jurisdiction over the city or county where you reside and registered and request that they contact the Megan's Law website to correct the error because you should not be listed at the site. But, I don't know how responsive they will be.

Feel free to ask any follow-up questions.