J.A Evans
J.A Evans, Lawyer
Experience:  Prosecuted misdemeanor and felony level offenses for ten years. Worked as a judicial law clerk and wrote the judicial opinions.
59126064

should i fight a citation for barking dogs or just pled guilty

should i fight a citation for barking dogs or just pled guilty or no lo contendere
HI I hope to help you with your question today. Obviously this is a decision you have to make on your own but you should consider a few things. Is it possible that you can find a neighbor that says that your dogs are never or rarely are barking? Can you find other people who are willing to come forward and say that your animals are not a nuisance? If so, then don't plead guilty. Go forward with your case and ask for a trial on the matter.
However, if you are not able to find someone to state this and you decide to fight the ticket it will be just your word against the police officer or neighbor that reported you(or both). You could also take the chance that the complainant won't show up for court, but Judges are often lenient and allow at least one continuance for a witness to appear in court.
If you do not have someone to testify on your behalf, it may just be easier and faster to pay the citation.

I hope my answer has been helpful to you. Please rate my answer so I get credit for my work, it is the only way I get paid even if you made a deposit. If you have any further questions or need additional information about the above, please message me.
Is there anything else I can help you with regarding your barking dog citation?
Please rate my answer if you have not done so.