Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

My husbandreported tp federal prison last week. We recently

My husbandreported tp federal prison last week. We recently found out that the firm he works for also handles cases for the Plaintiff in this case. We were never informed of this, let alone asked to sign a waiver. Is it too late to do anything about this? Also, is it out of line to reach out to the Judge that handled this case to inform her of this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you information in this regard

But I need a little more clarification

What is the reason he is in prison?

What does that have to do with the firm he works for representing a plaintiff?

Was this a civil matter? If yes, why is he going to prison?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I worded it wrong. My husband reported to prison las week. The attorney that represented him also handles cases for the plaintiff in this case (Credit Union). The attorney never informed us that his firm also handles numerous cases for the plaintiff and never asked us to sign a waiver. My husband's charge was submitted false information to a banking institution.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for the clarification.

if there was a clear conflict of interest as you are presenting, then your husband should consider filing for an Appeal based on the just learned information that there is a conflict of interest.

I suggest that you also want to file a complaint with Bar Association to show an Appeals Court that you were never aware of this conflict.

I further suggest that your husband will want to consult with a new local attorney to discuss the appeal as it is not something I suggest he will want to file on his own. The result of an Appeal could be that he be remanded back for a new trial.

You will base the appeal on Ineffective Counsel because of the conflict

Please note that I can only answer what you ask and so if you have more questions or need clarification, please ask it here. Otherwise, I thank you in advance for a positive rating.

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.