Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

I have a no contact order with a family member and the DV case

I have a no contact order with a family member and the DV case has been dismissed. I was wondering what happens to the no contact order. I called and the order goes until 2014. I have a final court date early next week for mental health court to determine if a commitment should be done or not. I'm very confident that court will go in my favor but was wondering if by chance if found "not guilty" at that, what happens to the no contact order? Does the family member have to do the footwork?

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you information in this regard

The Protection Order is a separate and apart issue and so the person whom it is against will have to file in court to have it Vacated based on the DV case being dismissed.

The other party would be notified by service of the motion and then have an opportunity to be present in court and show cause why it should not be removed.

Please note that I can only answer what you ask and so if you have more questions or need clarification, please ask it here. Otherwise, I thank you in advance for a positive rating.