PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My neighbor called D O B on me for my deck in yard thats the

My neighbor called D O B on me for my deck in yard that's the way I bought the house didn't know that the deck wasent built without permit ok so I got a aricertect to draw plans and got permit to legalize deck I payed civil penalty and file fee but she keeps on calling them can I file harassment charges against them
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: If you have complied with the Department of Buildings and obtained permit and paid the requisite filing fee to get the deck done properly and he/she is still calling the Department of Buildings, then you would need to file Civil Harassment claim against her. It is one thing to call D.O.B. and complain, it is another to keep calling after you have already complied. Nevertheless, if you have not actually done the deck properly, then you need to do it before filing any complaint against her. This may be the reason why she is still calling D.O.B. She has no idea that you have pulled the permit, which is none of her business. All she knows is that the deck is still not compliant.